Our project, IoT-based home automation, provides a cost-effective and flexible home control and monitoring system with the aid of an integrated web server and internet protocol (IP) connectivity for access. It delivers seamless control of equipment and appliances remotely using an Android–based application. This system can provide live tracking and monitoring of electricity consumption. This system makes the home automation dream of easy to use, economical, smart, wireless, sensor networks a reality for all.
The smart system is a wireless home automation system that can be implemented in an existing home environment, without any changes to switches, sockets and home infrastructure. This IoT-based smart system let the users control their homes from their computer or mobile devices. This system works using Wi-Fi modules which are a basic amenity in the modern world.
Our project enables physically challenged people to control the home appliances remotely with the aid of voice control and text recognition. The Support Application provides reminders and alerts for payment of utility bills and provides seamless integration for payment of the same using a mobile browser.
The objective of the proposed system is
1. To make this home control system easy to operate for physically challenged people like the visually impaired.
2. To measure the quality of the air, noise level and temperature in the home.
3. To make a low cost-effective and flexible home control system.
4. To produce a monitoring system with the aid of an integrated web server with internet protocol connectivity for access and to control equipment and devices remotely using an Android–based application.
Cost & Viability:
1. The total setup and installation would cost around $25 and with no maintenance. Hence it would be viable for both commercial and domestic use.
1. Our system enables physically challenged people to control the home appliances remotely with the aid of voice control and text recognition.
2. This system takes home automation to low and middle-class people because our system is easy to use, economical, and can be implemented in an existing home environment, without any changes in home infrastructure.